Re: Timer issues?

Michael L. Hitch wrote:

>> I made a long-term test over more than 24h this weekend, and it seems
>> that I'm still getting such overflow messages every 1-2 hours, when the
>> 32-bit counter wraps.
>
>  I had made the same change on the vax, and only saw the message when
> the 32 bit counter wraps, which is expected. It also seemed to keep time
> fairly well.

Ok, that's fine! I wasn't sure about it. Then our workaround is quite
acceptable.

> [...] Then I had some problems on a couple of API
> CS20 machines and got sidetracked even further, trying to debug
> timecounter problems on them, followed by debugging the SMP problems as
> well.

LOL I know what you mean! Hope you're back on track soon. :)

But for me there should be nothing which keeps me for committing the changes
for port-amiga, except Ignatios objects now.

Maybe I should also request a pull-up for 5.1 and 5.0.2...

--
Frank Wille