Keyboard lockup on 5.0.1 on A1200 during install

Hi all,

My system:

A1200
Blizzard 68060 + 72 MB Fast RAM
SCSI Kit IV
1 GB Maxtor IDE HDD
2 GB CompactFlash card (IDE)

Problem: after booting the NetBSD 5.0.1 installation miniroot filesystem, I
can type a few keystrokes and then the keyboard stops responding, sometimes
with a few autorepeats of the last key typed.  The system seems to be alive
still: if I hot plug the (PCMCIA) Ethernet card I see kernel messages for
that.  But obviously it's not possible to run the installer.

If I press and hold Ctrl-Amiga-Amiga the system displays a "0" on screen
just before it resets.

The same machine is running an old NetBSD version 1.3 (IIRC) installation
with no such problem.

Also, I had a problem with getting the miniroot filesystem to boot at all,
which I'm pretty certain was due to the MaxTransfer setting for the
partition.  The NetBSD/amiga installation notes say that MaxTransfer isn't
used by NetBSD, which I'm sure is true, but xstreamtodev runs under
AmigaDOS and presumably is affected by it.  Anyway, setting it to the
generally recommended 0x01fe00 and rewriting the miniroot got it to boot
without errors from my swap partition.  BTW, I'm attempting to install to a
2 GB SanDisk CompactFlash card.

Thanks for any help you can offer,
Chris