NetBSD 5 installation disk image

Hi, all,

I've made a disk image for download which can be written directly to a disk and booted. The image was made from a 256 meg CompactFlash card with a ten megabyte AmigaDOS partition and a NetBSD partition which makes up the rest.

The NetBSD partition has bootblocks, base and etc sets, and a GENERIC kernel installed and is therefore bootable. The partition has a directory (/amiga) with a complete set of installation files compiled from the netbsd-5 source tree from 6-September-2009.

Hopefully this should make installation a little easier for some people. Let me know if you have ideas about how to make a disk image like this better.

It's available here (or will be in about half an hour; it's uploading) via anonymous FTP and is 129399078 bytes:

ftp://ftp.ziaspace.com/pub/NetBSD/amigainstall.gz

John Klos