Oops - last subject was not right - now altq

Hi,

The subject of the last email was about a problem which turned out to be a local problem. Oops!

I decided to use altq on one of my Amigas for traffic shaping, but even though it's compiled into the kernel, I can't activate it. First, I got:

altqd: can't open altq device: No such file or directory

I noticed there were no devices in /dev/altq/, so I borrowed a MAKEDEV from an amd64 system and made some, but that didn't work, so I looked in the output of mknod -l - no altq!

Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks,
John