Can't boot recent netbsd-5 kernels

Hi,

I'm trying to get my original A3000/16 running with NetBSD 5, and I have a couple of issues that someone might know how to fix.

For starters, my screen output is still the same:

http://www.ziaspace.com/~john/amiga_3000_strangeness.jpg

I reported this in this thread:

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-amiga/2007/05/thread1.html#006976

Since I don't have any other OCS / ECS machines, I was wondering if anyone else is running NetBSD >=4 on any OCS / ECS machines? For the moment, I'm still using the serial port. AmigaDOS and the early boot menus work fine.

On a hardware note, I got a Zorro-III Fastlane Z3 card and filled it with 64 megs. I don't intend to use the SCSI bus, but just in case I bought a revision 11 Super Buster (you never know when they'll be impossible to find, like the GALs that allow for up to 256 megs on a Fastlane - I'd LOVE to find them...)

However, when I have the revision 11 chip in, or even a revision 9 from an A4000, none of the Zorro cards are recognized. When the revision 7 is in, the cards are recognized, and the system will even boot a GENERIC kernel and talk to the Fastlane (with no drives), which surprised me.

Is anyone familiar with Buster issues (and possible workarounds) for early A3000s? Am I missing something obvious about getting a higher revision working?

John