Re: survey: latest versions successfully booted?

On Thu, 29 Jan 2009, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:

>   I'm currently running a 5.99.27 GENERIC kernel on my A4000 with the
> CyberStorm III (69060) on a 5.0_BETA userland (and the 5.0_BETA GENERIC
> kernel prior to that) with little problem.  I managed to get a native
> build of 5.0_BETA completed after a few restarts (nbawk/awk seem to have
> a sporadic failure that I haven't tracked down yet).
> > I've also run 5.0_BETA kernel (and I think userland) on my A2000 with > the Zeus card (68040). I also was running a recent -current kernel on > that machine as well, testing the time_t backward compatibility.

Michael: which OS/bootloader configurations are supposed to work?

The A4000 is using the 5.0_BETA (as of Nov 1 or earlier) /usr/mdec/bootxx_ffs and /usr/mdec/boot. The A2000 is probably using a similar version of /usr/mdec/boot and my runbootblock program from AmigaDOS (the Zeus SCSI driver never has been able to boot from non-ADOS partitions).

--
Michael L. Hitch                        mhitch%montana.edu@localhost
Computer Consultant