Re: CV64CONSOLE

On Fri, Feb 02, 2007 at 09:07:48AM +0100, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> Hi Frank,
>
> On Thu, Feb 01, 2007 at 09:55:24PM +0100, Frank Wille wrote:
> > Compiling a kernel for CV64 without defining CV64CONSOLE in the config file
> > leads to a crash (somewhere in ite initialization?). Is this normal? Is a
> > console mandatory?
>
> Hehe. I don't remember - Bernd?

Good question. This is a 12 year old source code and I can't really test it
at the moment, but I don't think it should crash.

> > And are all the __asm volatile ("nop") in grf_cv.c really required?

I think they are required. There were some problems when we didn't use it,
but I can't remeber what it was and have to dig my old mail archive to see
if I can find something in it again or in the databook for the chip.

Hmm, can't find the reason in my archive at the moment.

Bernd