Re: My way from Debian Linux m68k to NetBSD m68k and BACK to Debian, using AMIGA 1200.

----- Original Message ----- From: "nzabrod" <nzabrod%yandex.ru@localhost>
To: <debian-68k%lists.debian.org@localhost>
Cc: <port-amiga%NetBSD.org@localhost>
Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2006 8:58 AM
Subject: My way from Debian Linux m68k to NetBSD m68k and BACK to Debian, using AMIGA 1200.

Key pair generation is REALLY slow. And after that, when I connect via SSH to AMIGA, it takes REALLY LONG TIME. Don't know why, Debian Sarge worked quite faster. (2 times faster, as I think)

I haven't installed Linux or BSD on my Amiga (I only have a 68EC030, but I'm looking for a real '030), but I've had this problem with other systems. The issue is the encryption algorithm.

A friend suggested I use the blowfish algorithm and I tried it. It makes a huge difference.

I run sshd on a 486sx25 (Debian 3.1), VAXStation 4000/60 (OpenBSD 3.8) and a Sun Sparcstation 20 (NetBSD 2.0.2, dual 50 MHz Sparc processors) and using blowfish results in very quick connections.

Jim