Need Help [was Re: booting 2.0]

Hi,

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
>> I have been trying to get my A2000 to boot 2.0. It has a Blizzard 2060
>> card and I can't get it to use the boot block. I don't have a real way
>> tranfer the kernel over to the Amiga partition. Any suggestion?
>
> Use runbootblock, distributed with NetBSD 2.0 (in the
> amiga/installation/misc directory of the binary distribution).

I tried that but all I get is an error:
"Boot test fail during OpenDevice"

Not sure why. I am guessing that it is not finding the correct device, but
I looked at how I am booting with gobsd, and I am using the same device
name, and the correct scsi id.

I should also give some background as to what I am doing. A friend of mine
setup 2.0 on a drive on his 4000 and then shipped it to me to make the
switch to 2.0 easier and faster. After having no luck booting this new
drive into 2.0, I connected one of my old drives to it. It not only has
all the amiga tools, but a working verion of NetBSD 1.5. After connecting
this drive several times, I thought that I was able to boot, but I was
just booting the 1.5 kernel that was on the Amiga partition of that drive.
Infact, one time it went all the way to asking for a shell. This whole
thing is complicated by the fact that I have not used Amiga Dos for a long
time, and have forgotten how to do alot of things. Also, I have forgotten
how I set some things up on the Amiga partition. With this I have a bunch
of questions:

1. Is there a way to check to make sure that I have not corrupted the new
install of NetBSD?

2. How could I check to see what device runbootblock is finding?

3. Is there a way to check to see if the bootblock is installed and
intact?

4. Can I install the bootblock from Amiga Dos?

5. Can loadbsd boot a kernel that is on the NetBSD root partition?

6. How do I install the BFFSFastFileSystem in the RDB so it will see that
partition as bootable?

I am really not sure where to go from here with this. I really need to get
this computer back on the web where it can do its job again. So, if anyone
could give me some assistance, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Al