Re: 2.0_Beta: segfaults in vfprintf_unlocked / nbmake loses in realloc

Hi,

I'm using innd as an example because the executable is older than the OS
upgrade and -used- to run stable, but top and vmstat, eg, also segfault in
the same routine, always in conjunction with formatting a float.
top lasts about 2 to 5 minutes, innd fails about once or twice a day.

Perhaps you can send me a copy of your innd binary and a sample config?

Another cutie that started to happen with the upgrade is:
nbmake in realloc(): error: brk(2) failed [internal error]

I haven't seen this one before.

From earlier messages on this list 2.0_BETA built itself fine a month
ago, on 060 too, so either the problems are newer than that,
only happen on way busy machines or, well, insert another CPU. :-7

I'm in the process of rebuilding everything from today's sources, so I'll let you know how that goes. My system is an '060, too, which I hope to FINALLY have set up locally so that I can test serial console and ite stuff.

To further analyse that it would be nice to know if anybody else who
runs this months 2.0_BETA on Amiga sees the same problem(s), and what
CPU they use.

When we can keep pkgsrc/sysutils/crashme from crashing 2.0, I'll be upgrading another machine, too.

John Klos
--
"Capitalism is the absurd belief that the worst of men, for the worst of reasons, will somehow work for the benefit of us all." -- John Maynard Keynes