Subject: Re: netbsd-2.0 beta test reports sought
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
List: port-amiga
Date: 06/16/2004 10:27:40
--Q68bSM7Ycu6FN28Q

On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 10:22:51AM +0200, Ingolf Steinbach wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> > I'd like to hear about successful and failed attempts to install
> > NetBSD-2.0 beta from releng.netbsd.org on Amiga. Please report
> > your hardware configuration, too.
>=20
> last night, I successfully installed the 2004-06-12 snapshot
> on my A4000/060 with CyberStorm MK3 using the installer (and
> selecting "install" rather than "update"). I did not have
> time to extensively test the installation, but apparently
> someone has fixed the problem described in
> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-amiga/2002/10/12/0000.html
> (well, I believe, that I have MK3 rather than 2, but cannot
> tell from here). Thanks a lot.

Cyberstorm Mark 2 is handled by the cbiisc driver backend, which uses
the machine independent ncr53c9x frontend, so maybe it was a generic=20
problem fixed.

Cyberstorm Mark 3 is handled by the cbiiisc/siop2 driver, Amiga specific
as I didn't find time to a) work on busdma for Amiga and b) check the=20
endiannness independence of the generic siop/esiop code (and it needs=20
more timing entries to work with Mk).

You can find out by looking at /var/run/dmesg.org .

--=20
seal your e-mail: http://www.gnupg.org/

--Q68bSM7Ycu6FN28Q

--Q68bSM7Ycu6FN28Q--