Re: NetBSD and Amiga CD32

Hello,

> 1. Mount CDROM. my CD32 crashes when I try to do this. Maybe the Akiko
> chip doesn't work as the Amiga 1200 hardware?

  What shall Akiko have todo with your CDROM? AFAIK, Akiko is only for
  c2p purposes and I don't think that NetBSD utilizes Akiko at all. Please
  show relevant line for your CDROM from dmesg and how you tried to mount
  it.

> 3. PPP. It starts well on my CD32, but on my Linux box there seems to
> be a problem. I can start pppd quite well, but afterwards there is no
> ppp0 !?! ppp_generic support is compiled into the kernel, of course.

  Please clarify, which is the NetBSD problem and what does the Linux
  reference mean. However, I never got ppp running on NetBSD (but I haven't
  tried hard)

> 4. How do I change the boot behaviour of NetBSD so it doesn't boot with
> "netbsd -ASn2" or such? This doesn't work with my monitor, so I'd like
> to have a standard "netbsd" instead.

  You should only remove 'A' (thats the AGA enabler), 'S' loads symbols if
  possible (ok, omit it if you are short of memory), 'n2' is the multiple
  memory segment support (can probably omitted too). AFAIK, you can modify
  the boot commandline with installboot. Try "man -k boot" and friends to
  find out.

> P.S.: I'm not subscribed to any NetBSD list!

  I thought to be able to post the ML you have to be subscribed?

  Gunther

--
Linux is only free if your time has no value
 - Jamie Zawinsky