NetBSD and Amiga CD32

Hi all,

I just wanted to tell you that I now have a running NetBSD 1.6.1 on my
CD32 (with SX32 Pro)! It really works... :-))

It was a straight forward task. Format Harddisk for Amiga DOS, install
Amiga DOS, copy NetBSD *.tgz-files to Harddisk. Partition harddisk,...
There was a minor tweak, though. Due to the immense heat in germany at
the moment my CD32 crashed after about 3-4 minutes. Oh, and it didn't
boot when being open, so I booted when it was closed and opened it then.
After that it worked quite well.

What I didn't managed to do until now:

1. Mount CDROM. my CD32 crashes when I try to do this. Maybe the Akiko
chip doesn't work as the Amiga 1200 hardware?

2. X. Didn't have time to try

3. PPP. It starts well on my CD32, but on my Linux box there seems to
be a problem. I can start pppd quite well, but afterwards there is no
ppp0 !?! ppp_generic support is compiled into the kernel, of course.

4. How do I change the boot behaviour of NetBSD so it doesn't boot with
"netbsd -ASn2" or such? This doesn't work with my monitor, so I'd like
to have a standard "netbsd" instead.

So, all in all, I am quite pleased! When temperatures are a bit lower I
will try to measure the voltages on my CD32 when accessing the CDROM
drive. Maybe that's why the system keeps crashing, under Amiga DOS as
well as under NetBSD?

Thanks everybody for a wonderful OS!

Bye

Michael

P.S.: I'm not subscribed to any NetBSD list!

Dipl. Phys. Michael Zacherle    zacherle%szs.uni-karlsruhe.de@localhost
Studienzentrum für Sehgeschädigte, Universität Karlsruhe (TH)
Engesserstraße 4,          76128 Karlsruhe,           Germany
Tel.: (+49) 721/608-2760              Fax: (+49) 721/608-2020