tested harddrives [was: RE: Urgent!!!! server problems]

Hi,

On Mon, 3 Mar 2003, Ciarcinski, Adam (ISS Brussels) wrote:
> > I am running a webserver on an Amiga 2000 with a bizzard 2060. The
> > system also has 2 hard drives, a 4.5 gig , and a 18.2 gig. But the
> > system went down today. It didn't kernel panic. I think that
> > I was having
> > problems talking to the hard drive. But I am not sure if it is a hard
> > drive problem or a scsi controller problem. This is the error
> > message that
> > was on the monitor:
> >
> > sd0 (bztzsc0:2:0): bztzsc): timed out [ecb 0x3101] cflags
> > 0x1,dleft 10000,
> > stat 02, (state4, nexus 0x310256, phase (l6, c6,p6) resid 10000, msg
> > (q),o40) DMA active) bztzsc0: scsibus reset
> >
> >  Please let me know what this error is all about?
>
> Al,
>
> Eerr.. looks like something's broken.  The harddisk?
> Have you checked all the cables?
> Is it terminated correctly?

Yes, that is what I think. "Something is broken."  I am not sure what else
to do, so I am going to try change the hard drive.  I think that it is the
hard drive because,  I am only having this problem with one of the hard
drives.

I was just wondering if any has tried an IBm 7N6340 68 pin 36 gig  and
used a 50 pin to 68 pin adaptor. Does this work well? I talk to someone
at IBM and they say that the drives should work as long as I have a low
voltage controller. Does any one know if the controller on a Blizzard 2060
is low voltage?

Thanks,
Al