Re: cardbus in GENERIC

[Klaus Heinz wrote in newsgate.netbsd.ports.amiga]
 > > right. Hm... can cardbus devices be driven by pcmcia? But, is this device
 > > really a cardbus card?
 > You've got me there. Right now I cannot find the reference to cardbus
 > I thought I had seen earlier.
 > Ok, let's forget this point :-)

Cardbus cards can *not* be driven in a PCMCIA slot. Firstly they won't fit
(there's an extra couple of millimetres of plastic on the locating notches
on the sides of the cards), secondly cardbus cards appear as PCI. Or at
least they do on ia32 hardware that I've seen, anyway. This is where the
whole 16/32-bit part comes into effect - cardbus is 32-bit, PCMCIA is 16.

--
rob                                 <e> rob%impure.org.uk@localhost <pgp>
0x8bb5c71e