Re: OTish: BFFS

Jens Dueholm Christensen writes:
> On Sat, 9 Mar 2002, Lars Hecking wrote:
>
> >  That's the business. Works fine.
>
> Oh goodie. How far has BFFS come? Is it safe to write to a BSD partition
> theese days?

 The versions I have are 1.3 (read-only) and 1.5beta (read-write). I can't
 find any newer versions (and ftp.uni-regensburg.de is down).

 The documentation reads "I believe this [write to bffs] to be safe".
 However, if you check the list archive for 2000 and 2001, you'll find
 some some people have reported problems.

 I don't currently need to write, as the main direction of transfer is
 NBSD -> AmigaOS, so I'm using the read-only version of the filesystem.