Re: OTish: BFFS

Jens Dueholm Christensen writes:
> On Thu, 7 Mar 2002, Lars Hecking wrote:
>
> >  So, how can I, under AmigaOS or NetBSD, get the correct values for
> >  BlocksPerTrack, Surfaces (Heads), LowCyl, and HiCyl?
>
> Use RDBSalv (the demo from Aminet) to get the correct sizes. Even the demo
> can afair save out a complete and accurate mountlist of every disk in a
> system.

 That's the business. Works fine.

 Thanks also to Andre Schenk, who suggested GenML from Aminet. The problem
 with GenML is, though, that it only works on devices that are already
 mounted. In my situation, it will just replicate the mountlist I used
 originally, no matter how wrong.

 Some interesting notes: on the HD in question, the first partition is
 AmigaDOS, the rest NetBSD. RDBSalv gives me completely different geometries (!)
 for the different filesystems, although they are on the same physical disk
 (like, heads = 9 for AmigaDOS, heads = 1 for NetBSD, and so on).

 Now I can finally exchange files between NetBSD and AmigaOS. Previously,
 I used an intermediate boot into Linux for that, but I can't do that now
 because Linux doesn't support the 53c770 on the CSMkIII.