Re: TCP/IP For A3000 workbench 2.0 ?

On Mon, 18 Feb 2002, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 03:36:58PM +0100, Sune Stjerneby wrote:
[snip]
> > There was also something called Envoy, but whether it did TCP/IP and
> > bsdsockets is doubtful.
>
> It doesn't. It provides, afaict, a functionality similar to Lanmanager or
> Appletalk, over RDP/IP.

This is what ISTR too. What boggles me are the two lines from RFC1700
that say "nip   376/{tcp,udp} Amiga Envoy Network Inquiry Protocol". :-)

As for some other post doubting whether it was ever sold - yes, I have
an original version -- it came bundled with my Ariadne board. I never
used it -- NFS has much better interoperability with other OSen. ;-)

--
/ali
:wq