Re: kernel manipulations

On Wed, Mar 07, 2001 at 06:43:43AM +0100, Georges Heinesch wrote:
> Quoting Gunther Nikl (06-Mar-01 12:21:35):
>
> > On Mon, Mar 05, 2001 at 05:59:46PM +0100, Georges Heinesch wrote:
>
> >> Q1: I guess that is grf0 (I have a CV64), right?
>
> >   No. grf0 is the custom-chip display.
>
> That's what the console is using when I startup (or not?). I'm talking
> about the very first sign of life NetBSD shows you on the console once
> it's wking up. Basically the dmesg stuff. This must be displayed using
> the custom-chips, no?

  NO. It depends on your hardware setup. Eg. if you have a CV64, its
  enabled and if you have the CV64 support in your kernel, NetBSD/amiga
  will use the CV64 as console device. Read your boot message more
  carefully ;-)

> >> Q2: Which file defines the resolution of the booting screen?
>
> >   <path_to_resolution_file>/<name_of_resolution_file>
>
> >   eg. on my setup: /etc/grfmodes
>
> That's the same here. But this is now used yet when booting.

  You must add a line in rc.local (?) that loads this file. With 1.5
  this line is already present but commented if my memory serves me
  right. INSTALL.X11 explains what todo with a modes file.

> >> Q3: Same question for the foreground and background color of this
> >>     screen.
>
> >   AFAIK, you must change the colours in the source of the driver.
>
> Hmmm ... where shall I start looking for?

  /usr/src/sys/arch/amiga/dev/grf??.c

  Choose the correct one (every source has comments on top, thus you
  should be able to identify the right one)

  Gunther