Re: your mail

On Fri, Nov 17, 2000 at 03:21:12PM -0500, John Klos wrote:
> > From: eNews <mailresponse2%g7ps.com@localhost>
> > To: port-amiga%netbsd.org@localhost
> > Subject: New PC software: VersaCheck 2001 !
>
> This is kind of funny, as in the last week I've completely redone my
> entire sendmail config and I've included lots of anti-SPAM stuff, so I was
> anxiously awaiting the first piece of SPAM that actually got through.
>
> Perhaps it's time for the NetBSD people to do the same?
>
> What kind of anti-SPAM measures are in place? I thought that a person had
> to subscribe to the list in order to post.

No, they aren't, I think. Would be a bad idea... I sometimes post from the
work place, etc.

However, a lot of stuff is just completely blocked, or forwarded to the
list maintainers for approval. I'm not sure how much stuff is in the filter.

That spam I never consciously read, because my finger-filter works quite well;
my fingers d-eleted it before I even checked whether it was addressed at myself
or a netBSD list.