Re: Entropy needed...

On Thu, Apr 13, 2000 at 08:56:17PM +0100, Lars Hecking wrote:

>  The reason was that every invocation of ssh/sshd froze my machine
>  for about 25 seconds, which is not acceptable. Why, I do not know,
>  but ssh-1.2.27 doesn't do that. It is possibly a problem with the
>  version of openssl in the ports tree and may disappear with a newer
>  version. NetBSD-1.4.2 is causing huge performance problems on my
>  machine, but in this case the culprit was clearly openss{h,l} ...

Lars...

I've wanted to reply to this complaint of yours for some days...
what multiprecision arighmetic library does openssh use? What's your
CPU? (I'm sure its somewhere on my deleted mails...)

ssh uses highly optimized assembler for most architectures... and I did
some twists a while ago to make it use C instead for 68060 so that the
startup time would be reasonable...

Regards
        Ignatios