RE: Has kernel in 1.4.1 distribution been fixed with regard to BB-Clock?

Hi Lars,

I'm using gobsd to boot into NetBSD. The system starts to boot, but doesn't
make it all the way...

>  In any case, you should be able to reset the clock under AmigaDOS
>  (to late 1999, for instance), then go into NetBSD and recompile
>  the kernel.
>
>  I had a similar problem over the weekend with OpenBSD, so I reset
>  the clock under AmigaOS, booted into OpenBSD and set the current

I'm not sure what you mean by 'reset the clock'. Do you mean setting it to
*any* date prior to 1-1-2000?

>  date from there. Now all messages about failure to set the date/time
>  under OpenBSD and RedHat 5.2 are gone. Haven't checked with NetBSD
>  yet (yes, I currently have four OS's on my 3000 ...).
>
>  -l

Ok, what happens is this:

With date set to today:
WARNING: no battery clock
root file system type: ffs
/bin/sh on /etc/rc terminated abnormally, going to single user mode
init: single user shell terminated, restarting

I also tried to set the date (in AmigaOS) to last year, 31-1-1999, then
reboot, then gobsd MULTIUSER Kylian. The result:
WARNING: bad date in battery clock
root file system type: ffs
/bin/sh on /etc/rc terminated abnormally, going to single user mode
init: single user shell terminated, restarting

In both cases, the last line gets displayed over and over and over and...
well, you get the picture.

So I'm affraid that just setting back the clock doesn't help enough...

Any suggestions?

Thanks

   Job