Review article: Comparison NetBSD / Linux for Amiga

Hi!

For my review article for german Amiga print magazine "Amiga-Magazin" I am
searching on information to give the user a comparison between Linux and
NetBSD on Amiga.

I only know it this far:

- NetBSD seems to have better gfx card support especially under X11
  - resolution mode change
  - 16/24 bit support (probably also there with Linux 2.1+ kernels)
  - more gfx cards
- RedHat and Debian Linux m68k do have package managing system,
  NetBSD does not
  - hence quite automatic installation, configuration and deinstallation
    of software packages either in rpm or debian package format
- Both Debian and RedHat Linux seem to be a bit easier to install and
  come with pre-configured X11 that is immediately startable. (Especially
  RedHat.) With NetBSD you have to setup X11 quite manually.
- The NetBSD on the Amiga Unix Compendium CD comes with compiled KDE
  packages, Linux m68k does not. Important for the user IMHO!
- Linux is also available in a version which runs on PPC Amiga. NetBSD
  is not yet.

Any further information available? I see NetBSD has a feature list in some
readmes, but I didn't find this for Linux m68k right now.

Can you point me towards some information on that subject? Thanks in
advance.

--
Martin 'Helios' Steigerwald  - http://helios.home.pages.de
PGP: http://home.pages.de/~helios/autor/wie-erreichen.html