Re: grey screen with PicassoIV

Hello François-Xavier

On 19-Oct-99, you wrote:

> I try to install netbsd 1.4.1
>
> I can't start netbsd with the Generic kernel 1.4.1. I have a grey screen
> just after taping "loadbsd -b netbsd".
>
> Netbsd starts correctly only if I remove my PicassoIV.

Maybe it's the same thing I had a few weeks ago. The kernel gives the wrong
frequency, so the PIV can't show the screen.
I tested a few frequencies and found one, which functions good.
So you first need the BinPatch Tool (on the Gateway-CD or FTP) for the AmigaOS.
And in the AmigaOS you start the following:

binpatch -s _clconsole_mode -o 82 -r 27000000 netbsd

at the position netbsd you have to give your whole path for the netbsd-file
i.e. work:bsd/netbsd or something like that.

Markus

P.S. The Mailprograms (so YAM does it) shows the clconsolemode underlined, so
you have to display it in Raw or PainText-format. It's a simple underscore (you
say so on english for that??) before the word clconsolemode.