Re: Cannot run X as non-root user

On Wed, Oct 20, 1999 at 01:24:09PM +0100, Lars Hecking wrote:

>  This is what I get running startx:
>
> OsVendorInit: can't open keyboard: Permission denied
>  startx as root works fine, and I have been unable to determine
>  where the permissions problem is. I followed INSTALL.X11 by the
>  book, so hold your flames, please.

You want to use the "Xwrapper" wrapper around Xamiga, afaik, instead of
the direct Xamiga.

The server nowadays refuses to run setuid root, so you cant access
the necessary devices.

This is explained in the INSTALL.X11 file, as of the 1.4 and 1.4.1 releases
(at least the CVS log tells so).

Any place where this is missing?