Re: Amiga and Retina ZII

Hi!

> I had a Retina BLT Z3 running with NetBSD for some time, and it was
> very fine, and not noticably slower than the CV64 I now use. I sold it
> because of bus problems in my A3000 with A3640. It turned out the real
> problem was the combination of a certain A3000 motherboard revision
> with A3640 and ZorroIII, and not the Retina's fault. The person who
> bought it also used it in an A3000 with NetBSD and I think he was
> quite satisfied with the performance.

And I still am. OK, I guess, compared with modern gfx-boards on PeeCees,
this is another world, but then, I don't have fancy 3D games or so. For
*working* with several xterms and applications at a reasonable resolution,
the Retina BLT Z3 is still more than sufficient.

The only annoyance is, that this card seems to be (the?) one triggering
the memory problems since NetBSD-1.3, limiting the memory you can use
under NetBSD. Maybe you should simply test the card before buying it.

--
 Joern Clausen                                  Lucy: "It says here that some
 Faculty for Technology                         scholars feel that Beethoven