Re: Amiga and Retina ZII

Hi!

> I own an Amiga 3000D and would like to buy a graphic card to run X
> windows under NetBSD. I could get a Retina ZII card for a good price,
> but... do I understand this right, there is *no* support for this card
> under X Windows ? Would I be able to work with whis card with a text
> console ? What card is recommended for A3k/NetBSD/X Windows ?

The Retina Z2 is quite old, slow, and can only be accessed in a
segmented mode. AFAIK this is the reason why there are no drivers
available. You will not be happy with it...

You own an A3000, so why don't you get a real Zorro III board?
I'd suggest to get a CyberVision64. It is one of the best (and
best supported) gfx boards ever built for the Amiga, IMHO.

--
Richard Körber              rkoerber%piro.net@localhost