Game controller port access

Hi!

I own a DCF77 receiver for the time signal sent out at 77kHz from Braunschweig
(Germany) and I'd like to use it under NetBSD 1.3.3/amiga.  It gets connected
to one of the Amiga's game controller ports and works by sending pulses to the
fire button pin.

Under AmigaOS I have written a nicely working program to read the current time
and date and set the hardware clock accordingly.

With NetBSD I simply do not know how to access the game ports.  Is there
anything that helps me to get a signal every time a joystick button is pressed
and released?   I tried to use /dev/mem and the kvm interface to read the
memory mapped hardware registers but only get zeroes back.

Any hints?

Michael Böhnisch