Listmodes and P96

Hello,

Pardon me if this has been discussed before, but I seem to be having trouble
useing ListMode to get my P96 configs for my P-IV. I've read the doc, and
understand that (1) it works only with the old version of the Picasso
software (Which I'm not willing to install) and (2) that I have to
converthem in BSd to the new mode line configs per the supplied script the
the INSTALL.X11 doc. Areming myself with such info, I went ahead and tryed
doing a 'listmode' on my 'devs:monitors/PicassoIV',
'System:Devs/Picasso96/PicassoIV', 'System:Devs/Picasso96Settings' files.
Each gave a small dump of info and then crashed. Seems listmodes gets stuck
on something in each. Anyway, I copied each of the outputs to a separate
file and then ran the mode line config script on each. then running
grfconfig /dev/grf3 /test/newmodefile produced erros such as invalide
modelin, pixleclock to hi, etc. Even removing the offending lines didn't
help. Can someone suggest an alternative? I've read the grfconfig man pages,
but creating one of these files by hand is something I do not want to do.
Thanks in advance.

Kind regards
Alex, still a newbie with BSD

--
Reality is for people who lack imagination.