Re: Install Gateway 3 (NetBSD 1.3.2)

Hello Markus

On 30-Jan-99, Markus Illenseer wrote:
»>  and actually install everything, but when I reboot and use the startup
»>  menu to boot into the BSD partition, nothing happens, then the system
»>  boots into Workbench.
»
» During the installation process you are asked to install the bootblock
» loader. Did you answer positively?
Yes. It was my fault, <head dropped in shame>, I didn't double, triple and
quadrouple check the settings in HDToolbox to make sure my changes took.

»
» Did you install NetBSD on a SCSI drive or IDE?
On IDE. I transfered the files from the CD to a shared partition.

Here's another question. Installing X and the additional packages, do
I use the m68K versions? I did for X and it ran, so I guess my assumption
was correct. I also can't seem to get Listmode to ready my Picasso configs,
any suggestions?

WOW! My BSD experience sure is a heck of a lot differnt them my RH/i386
one... :)

»
Regards
Alex

--
Politicians should read science fiction, not westerns and detective
stories.