Re: FAS216 SCSI: still not merged in 1.3.3 ?

 You write:
> Ruben van Staveren <ruben%luna.net@localhost> wrote:
> >Humm... a quick boot of a virgin 1.3.3 GENERIC kernel learned
> >me that the `fix' for the FAS216 is still only to be found in -current ?
> >It is strange this bugfix was not merged with 1.3.3
>
> What is wrong with the FAS216 code?  I have a Fastlane Z3 in my A4000
> and no problems with NetBSD 1.3.3 nor with 1.3.2.  The only thing that
> comes to mind is the incompatibility of old versions of the Fastlane
> ROM and 68060 CPUs (crash during system configuration).  After replacing
> it with a ROM V8.5 everything worked flawlessly.

  I think the problem only occurs with certain devices.  If I rememer
correctly, it was with a CDROM.

  I was using a Fastlane Z3 without any problems with my CDROM, but it was
a very old drive (I don't think it even supported select with ATN and couldn't
disconnect).  I now have a newer CDROM, but the Fastlane Z3 no longer works
(the driver in EPROM is very old and doesn't work with the CyberStorm Mk III
SCSI at all).

Michael
---
Michael L. Hitch                        mhitch%montana.edu@localhost
Computer Consultant,  Information Technology Center
Montana State University, Bozeman, MT     USA