Re: R: Setting Up Dial-Up Connection with PPPD

Hello Dan Penny, on 21-Ott-98 04:53:58, you said,
>On 20-Oct-98, andrea wrote:

>>>OK, I have the same problems. But problems appeared only when i used modem
>>57600.
>>>When I used modem 14400 everything was ok... Try to slow down connection
>>speed,
>>>maybe this is the solution. Serial port under Amiga NetBSD is rather
>>slow...
>>>
>>>Stanley

>>I tried but i got the same result.
>>Nothing came back:(.

>>I asked the SysAdm of my provider about the other end of the peers he told
>>me that the ppp service
>>is provided by a WinNT4.0 SP3  with multiple serial ports.

>>Now , is possible  that the pppd of NETBSD is incompatible with that one of
>>NT?

>>I asked other people,that use the same provider,and i know that with user
>>ppp provided with FREE-BSD
>>the connection work correctly

>>>... Babylon's 1 through 3 were sabotaged and destroyed.
>>>
>>>--
>>>-----
>>>|____     BYE
>>>     \
>>>|____|TANLEY

>>   It's the Amigas' built in serial port, It sucks and can't support any
>speed higher
>>   then 14.4, just went throught this with the normal op-sys. It seems the
>ports
>>   just can't manage anything higher, so look for a serial card that
>>   supports
>both
>>   NETBSD and 115K

It seems strange ,the modem work properly on AmigaOS side even on 'high speed'
connection (AKA 28800)
And ,the handshaking phase ,and th authentication is performed correctly.
I tried your suggestion even with lower speed (2400,4800,9600,14400)  but still
doesn't work.

>>   Hope this helps, Dan

Thank you !:)