NetBSD booting problem

Hi,

I have a problem installing NetBSD for the first time on my A4000. When I
use loadbsd, it reports the memory location to which the kernel is downloaded,
reboots the amiga and then nothing! The screen is grey and nothing happens
(no disk activity, no reaction from keyboard etc..). Trying different methods
like using loadbsd-2.14 or rebooting straight from the swap partition
all lead to the same result; the grey screen! Never got the "root device>"
prompt.

Could someone help me? I read many mailing list entries and I don't see
any problem like this.

My configuration:

A4000 (68EC030 no FPU or MMU) no accelerator
8 Megs of fast ram
no video card
Bridge board 386sx commodore. (tried without it also)
NetBSD partitions on a separate HD (id 1). Main disk used for amiga dos.

Installation procedure:

- Downloaded Netbsd 1.3.2 with miniroot and binary kernel.
- All files once decompressed checks ok with MD5 checksum.
- Created 3 partitions on HD with root and swap bootable.
- Using xstreamtodev, swap partition was found and miniroot
  installed using 12% of swap space.
- Using loadbsd (or loadbsd-2.14) with many different options
  always lead to a reboot and the gray screen. loadbsd -t returns
  no errors. Booting with no startup-sequence and calling loadbsd
  did no different.
- Rebooting straight from the swap partition, got me the NetBSD/Amiga
  prompt requesting the netbsd options. Then the netbsd memory transfer
  occurs and ... the gray screen. Waiting for minutes changed nothing!

Thank you for helping,

Hermann Brassard
hermann%cae.ca@localhost