Re: 'swap on' config question

Bernd Sieker wrote:

> The kernel should accept swap partitions on all disks. It seems that
> you still have a line in fstab specifying sd0b as the swap
> device. Change that to sd1b and you should be fine.
>
> /dev/sd1b       none            swap    sw
>
> Maybe sysinst has added that line as a default or you still have an
> old fstab from a previous install.

No, no... that's not the problem.  My swap partition gets added just fine
during the boot-up (I _do_ know how to add a swap partition, among other
things   ;-)  .  What I'm talking about happens before the rc scripts even
run.... the kernel itself reports:

root on sd0a dumps on sd0b

when it's configuring the hard drives....  the 'dumps on sd0b' part is what's
wrong.  (sorry, I should have been more clear) Consequently, savecore also
looks for dumps on sd0b and fails, because there is no such thing.
Essentially, I don't really have a major problem,  it just bothers me that
savecore can't work because it can't find the swap partition, where the
kernel core would normally be in case of a crash.   I would not have this
issue if I could tell config to set up the kernel to look for the swap
partition on sd1b.

regards,
  Bo