Re: 'swap on' config question

On 17.10.98, 18:46:06, Bo Najdrovsky wrote:

> default swap partition is on the same drive as the root file system, and
> during boot up, I get an error from savecore telling me that /dev/sd0b
> is not configured.   Could someone tell me what is the new way of
> specifying the swap device to the kernel?

The kernel should accept swap partitions on all disks. It seems that
you still have a line in fstab specifying sd0b as the swap
device. Change that to sd1b and you should be fine.

/dev/sd1b       none            swap    sw

Maybe sysinst has added that line as a default or you still have an
old fstab from a previous install.

--
Bernd Sieker