Re: Installed and ready to go (almost)

Hya Markus

> Err? The installation tool does that almost automatically. In this
> part - retrieving the sets - the Amiga installation tool is even easier
> to manage than the i386 systinst-tool.

Really??? Well, it took me 6x formating the hard drive, because everytime
i screwed up the installation, the system would turn all the HD partititions
read only, so i couldn`t fix it, even if i knew how. And since the system wasn`t
working i couldn`t acces man.

> From here on, you are a UNIX administrator. Please do not believe that
> we will answer all the basic questions releating standard administration

That`s the BIG problem with UN*X. It assumes you know how to work with
the OS, even before you install it. Until now i managed to learn how to work
with man and vi (barely).

> BTW, fix your keyboard please, the "!" and "?" keys seem to be broken :)

Yes, you`re right. It seems that everytime i type ??? or !!! it writes
????????? and !!!!!!!!! Weird.

> "man adduser" does help you. The package "addnerd" (is on the Gateway)
> helps as well.

Gonna check it tonight. Thnx.

> Which ones?

Well, if you install the complete Gateway 3 set (wich i did, because i`m new
and don`t know what`s important), for example, if i try to acess one of the
/usr/games/<anydir> it doesn`t let me do it.

> This is not _installation_ but _administration_ (and admiration).
> THERE ARE PLENTY OF DOCUMENTS OF THIS KIND ALREADY :-)

Not really. Installation: UN*X 1: User 0 - Administration: UN*X 2: User 0
Gotta tackle one thing at a time. I managed to install, now i`ll manage to
administrate.

BTW: Check your mailer. I got your message 2x.

Cya

Silver
aka Nuno Trancoso