Re: Errors on Gateway3-CD ?

thomas-peter.klug%db.com@localhost wrote:

> there are files missing ! especially in ../Amiga/Binary/Sets/
> These files are empty (length 0) : xbase.tgz, xcomp.tgz, xcontrib.tgz and
> xfont.tgz.

These files are soft-links to the real files in m68k/binary/sets:

xbase.tgz -> ../../../m68k/binary/sets/xbase.tgz

The problem is that you don't use the correct filesystem under Amiga and
you don't see the soft-links. I use AmiCDFS and they apear as directories
with a comment specifying that they are soft-links to the m68k files.
May be you don't have the correct options when you mount the CDROM under Amiga.
I have the CDROM mounted in an NetBSD-hp and I don't have any problem.
You should never see the soft-links under any Windows plataform, because
they don't support extended ISO nor Rock-ridge

By:
        Inaki Saez