Re: 1.3_ALPHA base and comp distrib. problem? Super72 ?

> 1- I've downloaded base and comp 1.3_ALPHA distribution archives and
>    installed then by hand (not using any install script), with no special
>    problem.
>    When I tried to compile the 1.3 current kernel source, some of the compiler
>    include files where missing:
>       - "/usr/include/machine/exe*.h" where in "/usr/include/sys/"

Yes, this is ok.

>       - "/usr/include/vm/lock.h" was in "/usr/include/sys"

Yes, this is ok.

>       - I had to create a symbolic link "/usr/include/lib" -> "/sys/lib"

This is not right.

>    After doing these changes it compiled ok.

I doubt that it compiled ok, especially after the last change.
It just pretended to.

This looks like you didn't use the new "config" program to convert the new
GENERIC, or a file derived from it, to a new compilation directory.

Regards,
        Ignatios