Re: gvp i/o

On 15-Oct-97, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
>Hi marmoset,

>> Does anyone have this running?  I patched the kernel just fine with it (it
>> sticks the io.c and stuff in the wrong place, but easy enough to fix) and
>then
>> it recognizes it at bootup, but I'll be damned if I can figure out which
tty
>> it is.  Is there something else I need to do?  I've done
>>
>> pppd /dev/tty<just about every one of them> 115200 connect "chat -f
>> /etc/ppp/chat"
>>
>> (where chat and options actually do exist) and I either get a device not
>> configured error or the script just stalls out (and says as much in an
error
>> msg).  The TR light never does come on on the modem, so I don't think that
>> I've found the right tty.
>>
>> Any help?

>This is the patch to the 1.2(.1) release, right?

>You need to "mknod" a device node to access it. The right major number
>is mentioned in the README to the patch, I think, and in the diff to the
>conf.c file:

>su
>cd /dev
>mknod ttyG0 c 41 0
>mknod ttyG1 c 41 1
>mknod ttyGM0 c 41 128
>mknod ttyGM1 c 41 129

>Ignatios Souvatzis

ok, I'm getting closer now. ;)  The major number for me is 32, but once I
tried that I was able to get the TR light to flash briefly with pppd, but then
netbsd locks up, the scsi light stays on and the keyboard doesn't respond to
anything.  Waiting for a new snapshot is probably easier, but I really wanna
start messing around with this, and get it set up before my 060 gets here. :)

thanks,

moses