Installations etc.

Hi,

I wonder why the installation scripts that come with
NetBSD distributions (miniroots etc.) do not work. I
have been able to do everything manually in the end but
it still bothers me.

I installed 1.1 from Gateway! 2 and I recall it failed
preparing usr partition or creating the fstab.
I installed (or attempted, NetScape had corrupted every
archive I had, gotta get them again :(((( 1.2D and install script failed
mounting
/mnt (mount complained that device is busy). I then did
everything manually but still: are those scripts tested
or what the hell is wrong there??

--

 "Although light was one of the fastest things in the multiverse, where
ever it went it always found out that darkness was there before it"

         Arto Huusko            | Amiga programmer from Finland
E-Mail : arto.huusko%pp.qnet.fi@localhost |  With Commodore A4000&WarpEngine4033
WWW URL: www.qnet.fi/ahuusko/   |   AmigaOS 3.1 / NetBSD