Re: ATTN: Amiga battery clocks are now autocnfiguration devices

On Sat, 19 Jul 1997, is wrote:

> I made the Amiga (and the DraCo) battery clocks autoconfiguration devices.
> This way, they can be left out from spezialized kernels.

I can't seem to find my hardware schematics for my A3000, if I ever had
them.  Are the battery-backed-up clocks implemented on the CIA, or is it a
separate chip set?

I did finally manage to get my system stable enough so that xntpd
functions on it.  I changed the clock rate in dev/clock.c to be 715558,
instead of the default NTSC rate.  The system was correctly booting with
the NTSC rate, only it was loosing over 30 seconds per day.  Now, it
manages to track the sites that it synchronizes with to under 100 ms.
There still seems to be some slippage when the serial ports (on-board, or
A2232) are in heavy use.

--
  Don Phillips         bsd%blkhole.resun.com@localhost
  Research Unlimited