Re: PR 2319

> > In PR 2319, it says:

> > If a program uses C++ stream I/O under NetBSD-amiga it has to be linked
> > manually with "termcap" or it won't start. Under NetBSD-i386 this isn't
> > necessary.
> No, the problem still persists.
>
> It seems it does not persist on other NetBSD platforms (i386)
> as the NetBSD utility source tree seems to use the same makefiles
> (I cannot verify this) it should be ruled out
> that libcurses.so.* is *not* prelinked with libtermcap.so.*

Ok, as people tend to forget what was on this mailing list a year ago,
public again:

This seems very much to be another incantation of the well-know,
although not analyzed, GNU linker bug.

It does NOT appear on the i386, but does appear on the m68k. Dont know
about other CPUs.

Basically, if your prog needs only object x from libA.so.n.m, and
object y from libA.so.n.m needs some object from libB.so.i.j, then on
m68k the linker will complain that it cannot find the objects from
libB, even if you don't need them.