Re: amiga/stand/boot's txlt vs as -l

Hi Ty,

> NetBSD/m68k "as" supports a -l switch to shorten undefined references to
> 16 bits instead of 32.  Is this different that what the txlt program
> does, and if so, how?

I already used this switch.

txlt makes some more aggressive transforms, like, making all source
references pc-relative (we know we have unified code/data space).

I also experimented with letting it create base-relative code (and told
the compiler to reserve that register), but overall code size was
bigger, so I left it out in the final version.

        Ignatios
        Ignatios Souvatzis