Re: public interest in cyberscsi-kernel

Hi Ignatios,

> If you paid me full time, and gave me a contract over a lot of years (my
> current one is unlimited), I could work on demand. Note that you also should
[...]

Every contribution to NetBSD-Amiga is appreciated by the users (at least I think
so). We are happy that this system works, although the authors don't get money
for it. As a result of this noone can (will) urge someone to code something.

> If you want to help:
>
> If you're running NetBSD-current on your IDE, and think you know how
> to write a frontend to the sys/dev/ic/esp.c driver, I could make the DMA
> docs available to you. But you would be on your very own; there is no
> example driver which interfaces esp.c to the Amiga busses yet. Well,
> other than me, you would at least have a machine to test it on.

I'd really like to deal with it. It sounds very interesting. And if it would be
only to improve my knowledge in these things. But it's the same problem
you have: Too much other things...

> If you don't think you can do that, you might consider to offer your
> board for a couple of weeks or a few months to somebody who would like
> to try it. Note that (judging from my situation) transport risks would be on
> your side, and costs well... at least partially. Most people cant make such
> an offer, because they use their board daily with AmigaOS.

In a month I think I'm able to offer my cyberscsi mk1 for at least 3 months.
Certainly all risks would be on my side. But that's no problem. It's more
difficult for me to get a CyberStorm Mk1, if someone who likes to code for it
hasn't got one.

Please forward this to somebody who is interesting in it!

bye,
__
/oby