X and netbsd/amiga

I am using a amiga 4000 with AGA, 2mb chip 18mb fast, and am using the X
binary for the AGA chipset (Amiga-CC-X or something like that)  I cant seem
to use any rez higher then 640x480, if I try to it gives a out of video ram
error..  Any ideas on what I am doing wrong ?  There is no way a machine
built for graphics could be limited to 640x480 mode... (And while in that
mode flicker like crazy)  I know the monitor is not the problem, it is a
nice 17in Idek monitor, works great on a PC at much higher rez.  Ideas what
could fix this ?

Thanks!!

Cameron Slye