Re: audio-src12.tar.gz and audio-bin12.tar.gz ...

Simeon A. Layne Jr. wrote:
>       I enjoy building everything from scratch and usually don't bother
> with pre-built binary distributions.  I wish I had looked at the binary
> distribution before i posted the last message.  Apparently the SRC
> software distribution is NOT correct for netbsd-1.2.

The patch file for the kernel (kern.diff) is the unmodified one for
NetBSD1.1. As you see in the archive, every file from audio-src11.tar.gz
is included (usually ending in .ORIG) _and_ the modified files for
NetBSD1.2, except the new kernel patch file, because that is needed
in the binary distribution too.
audio-src12.tar.gz is thought as an _addition_ to audio-bin12.tar.gz,
not as an alternative. Maybe this should be pointed out in the
Readme...

> I will use the binary distribution's patch file to patch the kernel.

Exactly that's what you were supposed to do!

> I feel confident that patch should work without error.

Sure, I made kern12.diff for that purpose!

Sorry for the confusion,

Rainer.

Rainer Doemer               email: rainer%pal-ts1-077.slip.uci.edu@localhost
Information and Computer Science            or: doemer%ics.uci.edu@localhost