Re: Audio11 failed...

> # cat samp.au > aud0
> aud0: Device not configured.
> # ./autest aud0
> using dev aud0
> open: Device not configured
> #./auconfig aud0
> aud0: Device not configured
>
> It seems, that the kernel doesn't know about the aud? devices
> (major device number 25). Anybody an idea?
> BTW, where (except from /dev/MAKEDEV) are the device numbers
> defined in the kernel sources?

Under NetBSD 1.1 it worked. it seems to be the policy that each lkm
which has drivers in /dev needs to MAKDEV them echt time after reboot
there seems an option 'post-execution-script' (which I haven't tried out yet)
for that.
otherwise, I wish you luck :)

> Also, is there anybody working on a 'real' audio device
> for the Amiga (similar to that described in audio(4))?
The audio patch has been on the net since NetBSD 1.0. It must be
terribly bad that it is not integrated yet. (????)

> Rainer.

> Rainer Doemer               email: rainer%pal-ts1-077.slip.uci.edu@localhost
> Information and Computer Science            or: doemer%ics.uci.edu@localhost
> University of California, Irvine   http://www.ics.uci.edu/~doemer/