Re: Audio11 failed...

On Sat, 18 Jan 1997 02:42:57 Konstantinos Margaritis wrote:
>    Hello, I have a custom compiled NetBSD1.2 in my system (a4000/60, Piccolo
> SD64, ariadne), and I tried to compile the audio11.src archive according to
> the instructions...

I tried the same today on my A3000 with NetBSD 1.2.

> The kernel compiled almost with no errors, there were some warnings about a
> typedef in cc.h but I removed from the erring files the -Werror flag and it
> went ok...

I managed to modify the patch file "kern.diff", so that the kernel
compiled without any warnings (if anybody out there is interested
in that file, I can send it).

> I got a new kernel, and made the module files....

Me too.

> Then I asked to load the mod to the kernel...
>
> make load
> which in turn called:
> modload -e lkm_audio -o lkm_audio audio.o
> it failed giving:
> Cannot reserve memory for operation.

The same for me.

> What did I do wrong?

As Ruben van Staveren <staveren%bromo.PTF.HRO.NL@localhost> pointed out,
you have to be in single-user mode for modload.
I tried that and got the module loaded. modstat now reports:

Type    Id  Off Loadaddr Size Info     Rev Module Name
DEV       0  26 00526000 0010   528154   1 audio

So far, so good. Now I am running into trouble, since
I always get "Device not configured" errors...   :-(

# cat samp.au > aud0
aud0: Device not configured.
# ./autest aud0
using dev aud0
open: Device not configured
#./auconfig aud0
aud0: Device not configured

It seems, that the kernel doesn't know about the aud? devices
(major device number 25). Anybody an idea?
BTW, where (except from /dev/MAKEDEV) are the device numbers
defined in the kernel sources?

Also, is there anybody working on a 'real' audio device
for the Amiga (similar to that described in audio(4))?

Rainer.

Rainer Doemer               email: rainer%pal-ts1-077.slip.uci.edu@localhost
Information and Computer Science            or: doemer%ics.uci.edu@localhost
University of California, Irvine   http://www.ics.uci.edu/~doemer/