Magicfilter 1.2 Installation

I'm finally getting some (limited) success with my attempts to come to
terms with U**X. I've installed NetBSD1.1, X11R6 and Ghostscript. In an
effort to use Ghostscript I've been trying to install magicfilter1.2 with
limited results.

I have the Magicfilter-1.2 directory in root and have followed, I think,
the instructions in the READMEs.

Using configure seems to go ok but make crashes out thus :-

make

gcc -g -O -c magicfilter.c
gcc -g -O -c parseconfig.c
gcc -g -O -c loadconfig.c
gcc -S -o magicfilter magicfilter.o parseconfig.o loadconfig.o
sed -e "s:XXX_BINDIRXXX:/usr/local/bin.g" <magicfilter.man.in | sed -e
"s:// /*:/:g"> magicfilter.man
cd filters; make clean
rm -f *.c *.xc *.xt *.mh *-filter
rm -f magicfilter magicgilter.man *.o
cd filters: make distclean
rm -f *.c *.xc *.xt *.mh *-filter
rm -f *~ Makefile filters.h filters2.h
rm -f *~ Makefile config.cache config.log config.status config.h
/usr/bin/install -c magicfilter /usr/local/bin/magicfilter
install: magicfilter: No such file or directory
***Error code 1

Stop

and that's before I've reched make install.

If someone can give me some suggestions I would be grateful...

Cheers
                              Daryl Johnson
            From Motherwell - Gateway To The Scottish Riviera