Re: Gzip for AmigaDOS

At 12:38 PM 11/20/96 +0100, Matthias Scheler wrote:
>In article <199611201153.LAA22914%vulcan.baynet.co.uk@localhost>,
>       beard%baynet.co.uk@localhost writes:
>> Has anyone managed to locate a decent, working version of Gzip for
>> AmigaDOS ?
>
>Yes.
>
>> I've searched everywhere, and the only one I've found is gzip124x2 on
>> Aminet under util/pack.
>
>I use exactly this one.

So do I.

>> This works to a point, but won't handle .tgz files, ...
>

>> and seems to  crash my system more than I can tolerate.
>
>It never crashed on mine. Maybe you should increase the stack size. My
>shell have at least 16384 bytes stack.

Do *not* run out of drive space while unzipping a file.

I did, exactly once. When I rebooted I was glad I had tools to edit the
filesystem datastructures.
--
XCOMM Kevin P. Neal, Sophomore, Comp. Sci. -   kpneal%pobox.com@localhost
XCOMM     http://www.pobox.com/~kpn/       -   kpneal%eos.ncsu.edu@localhost